Version : November 2021
WHAT IS A COOKIE ?
Cookies are small text files that can be stored on your computer or mobile devices when you visit websites.
Information is stored in a text file, such as your language preference for a website. When you visit the website again later, this cookie is sent again to the website. In this way, the website recognizes your browser and, for example, your language preference can be remembered.
Below is a list of the categories of cookies and their purposes:
Essential or Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies enable users to navigate through the Website and use the essential functions of the Website. These cookies also ensure that a service or functionality explicitly requested by the user can be provided. These cookies can be placed without your permission. We also recommend that you do not disable these cookies as this may cause you to lose basic functionalities of the Website or access certain parts of the Website.
These cookies ensure that the Website functions properly and guarantee a faster and more efficient use. These cookies can be placed without your permission.
Analytical or statistical cookies
These cookies collect data about the use of the Website such as the number of visitors, the time visitors spend on a web page and error messages, provide us with information about user traffic on our Website, e.g. how users arrive at the Website and if there are any navigation problems. We ask for your permission before placing these cookies.
Advertsing or Targeting cookies
First-party Advertising cookies placed on the Website by e-BO Enterprises ensure that the Website can send personalized advertising messages. We ask for your permission before placing these cookies.
Social media cookies
Social media follows the surfing behavior of users across different sites with ‘tracking cookies’. Social media places a cookie while you visit site A and can read the cookie again when you visit site B. This allows Social media to profile you in a targeted manner and to send you advertising.
IS COOKIE INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES?
It is important to distinguish between:
- First-party cookies Direct or first-party cookies are cookies that e-BO Enterprises manages and that are specific to the visited or used website.
- Third-party cookies Indirect cookies or third-party cookies are cookies that are managed and placed by a 3rd party.
These cookies therefore ensure that certain data is sent to third parties when you visit the e-BO Enterprises website. These can be, for example, cookies from social media or advertisers.
These third parties may have access to specific cookie information (such as your userID, surname, first name, email address, pages visited, banners clicked, etc.), e.g. in order to provide you with personalized advertisements or to collect your feedback.
Certain cookies are placed on the e-BO Enterprises Website by social network services such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This is done via the buttons of these social networks that can be offered on the Website of e-BO Enterprises. If you use this, these third parties may receive certain cookie information, but they will not be activated until you accept those cookies.
Consult the overview ‘OVERVIEW OF COOKIES USED’ where you can check which cookies are first-party or third-party.
WHAT COOKIE INFORMATION DOES e-BO Enterprises OBTAIN USING COOKIES?
- Information about your use of the Website or emails from e-BO Enterprises (such as the ID of the page visited and the detail of the page, date & time of the visit, any comments you have left);
- Information about your capacity as a user (subscriber/registered/anonymous). To the extent that you are subscribed or registered, we also collect your user ID;
- Information about your access to the Website of e-BO Enterprises (such as through which type of device you consult the Website, with which browser type, your IP address);
- Session and user cookie IDs.
- Information about whether or not you accept a certain category of cookies.
HOW LONG IS COOKIE INFORMATION RETAINED?
Cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Depending on the type of cookie, they (and the information they collect) are automatically deleted when you close your browser (these are the so-called “session cookies”). this Website (these are the so-called “persistent cookies”).
To consult the retention periods, please consult the ‘OVERVIEW OF COOKIES USED’.
OVERVIEW OF COOKIES USED
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES?
Via the cookie preference controller beheren you can manage your preferences and determine whether you:
- Accept all cookies
- Refuse all cookies. The essential and functional cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and are enabled by default and cannot be refused.
- Via “set preferences”, you can indicate your personal preferences for all cookies shown in the overview above.
Are you using a different browser? Check whether the procedure for your browser is included on the website www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. This website exists in English only.
If you use different devices to visit our Website, please ensure that your cookie preference is set on the browser of each device. In addition, you can choose which companies you no longer wish to receive cookies from via https://www.youronlinechoices.com/be-nl/your-advertising-preferences.
IN CASE OF QUETIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or complaints about the way in which we process your personal data, you can always contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.In addition, you always have the option to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 BRUSSELS, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.